40 µm core diameter
The development of the new Polarisation Maintaining (PM) Ytterbium doped Very Large Mode Area (VLMA) fibre was driven by demand for an easy to integrate double-clad fibre in the growing ultrafast fibre laser market. The combination of robust single mode behaviour in an all-solid glass form factor with 750 μm² fundamental mode area makes this fibre an ideal tool for high-end industrial fibre laser manufacturers.
Proprietary manufacturing(1) process enables preferential fibre coiling and automatic amplifier output polarization orientation.
Complementary matching GRIN and passive VLMA fibres are available for all-fibre monolithic integration with standard LMA 10-125 PM pump combiners. Module assembly also available on request.
(1) Photonics Bretagne patent.
- Truly single mode polarization maintaining behavior
- All-solid step index based fibre design based on our all-vapor phase delivery process
- Industry standard low index polymer coating providing long term reliability & performance
- Excellent fibre lot uniformity and consistency
High power ultrafast pulsed fibre lasers/amplifiers for material processing, life science, spectroscopy or defense applications.